Thousands of new websites are being launched every day. In the last 10 years, there is an 800% increase in the new website development. There are some on-page SEO practices that improve your website’s online performances. Let’s discuss this in the below paragraphs: –
From the above facts, it is clear that competition is increasing by each passing day. If SEO is not done correctly then there are very few chances to be found online.
Let’s take an example, suppose someone is looking for a pizza in your area. He can make a search on Google and other search engines like pizza shops in Delhi and can get a list of pizza shops in a particular area.
Being a business owner you would wish to be found at the top of the list. So that your sales boost. The best way to make your business stand out among the crowd is to implement the best on-page SEO practices on your existing or new website.
Here are On-page SEO points for your website: –
1. Choose the right keywords
2. Write title and meta description
3. Update fresh content that includes targeted keywords
4. Optimize heading (H1) tags
5. Apply alt tags on the images
6. Check internal linking on your website
7. Implement rich snippets and featured snippets
8. Optimize your content for the user’s point of view
9. Create profiles on social media platforms
10. Create an XML Sitemap
11. Create some external links
Choose the Right Keywords
For any online business to be successful, choosing the right keywords is very essential. Keywords should be relevant and generic. Here generic means keywords should be known by everyone and most frequently used term for particular services, products, or brands. A wrong keyword can misguide the Search engine and website user.
Be particular while choosing the keywords, make a list of keywords that clearly represent your brand or services.
Below are some tools that can help you in keyword research: –
Write title and meta description
Now, you have a list of keywords, start writing title and meta description using your keywords. These are the most important parts and play an important role in search engine rankings.
Properly written title and meta description improve click-through rate on search engine result pages (SERP) that boosts sales.
Here are some points to keep in the mind while writing title and description: –
- Write unique titles for each page and don’t duplicate them.
- Use your main keywords in the title.
- Make your title tag as short as possible. It should be a maximum of 55 characters or less with spaces.
- Be descriptive while writing meta descriptions using your keywords.
- Maintain the length up-to 160 characters or less with spaces.
- Like the title, make your meta description unique for each page and don’t duplicate them.
- Don’t use common quotes and non-alphabetic characters.
- Write it to be understandable by human and don’t stuff all your keywords. Make it neat and clean.
- Don’t copy it from anywhere like your competitor or some software providing meta description. Write it yourself.
Update fresh content that includes targeted keywords
Fresh content encourages search engines to crawl your website frequently. Make sure your website has enough content with targeted keywords.
Remember the following points while preparing content: –
- Don’t make content full of keywords. Use keywords 2%-3% in your content.
- Write original content for every page of the website.
- Describe services, brand or product as much as possible.
Optimize heading (H1) tags
Use your main keywords in your main heading, it will be the subject line for a particular web page. Make the heading tag descriptive enough to represent the page content.
A SEO service provider can guide you to make right heading tags on your website.
Apply alt tags on the images
Name the images on your website with right alt tags. It tells search engines that how your image is related to your web pages.
Tips for applying alt tags: –
- Name your image in such a way that it clearly represents an idea about the image.
- Don’t use underscores, use hyphens instead.
Check internal linking on your website
Link your website pages with each other wherever is possible. This makes your website users surf easily across your website.
Points to remember: –
Select the right keywords to link your website internally. For example, name it “hair cutting services” instead of “Click here”, “Know more”, “Read more”, etc.
Implement rich snippets and featured snippets
Rich snippets and featured snippets are very important in modern on-page SEO practices. These codes also called structure data markup that you have to add to your website and they allow search engines to find information easily.
Using rich snippets and featured snippets you can tell the search engines which information is important to display in the search results like the reviews, prices, event dates, etc.
Optimize your content for the user’s point of view
Make your content easy to understand and convenient to read for a user. Choose a font size that stays visible on small/mobile devices.
Below are some points to optimize your content: –
- Divide your content into headings and subheadings. It represents sections of content on your website.
- Use bullet points in your content. Choose a single bullet format throughout your content.
- Write short paragraphs. Break your content in 2-3 line paragraphs. It helps users to understand your point and keep reading. Small paragraphs are also helpful for mobile devices or small screen users.
Create profiles on social media platforms
Social media users are increasing day by day. Having profiles on popular social media platforms will connect your brand, services, products directly to the users.
Create an XML Sitemap
An XML sitemap lists your website all URLs in one place and it easily tells the search engines about all your website URLs. Google search console provides a way to submit an XML sitemap. See the below image: –
Create some external links
External links are links pointing to your website from the other websites. In other words, if another website links your website, then it will be considered as external links. Try to get some links in your niche.
In the modern era, if anyone thinks that SEO doesn’t go to benefits his business, then he is absolutely wrong. A huge amount of customers do online research before buying any product or services. SEO services can bring your website at top of popular search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo and present information directly to the user.
Also, SEO is a long term work and take time to show a profit. On-page SEO is the first thing to be performed on your website after the development of your website has finished. it will be better if you start earlier. Because as soon as you start, you will see the results sooner.